Click on an item below to receive the answer.


Most Common

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections, and appeals.

The IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 allow federally authorized practitioners (those bound by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230 regulations) a limited client privilege. This privilege allows confidentiality between the taxpayer and the Enrolled Agent under certain conditions. The privilege applies to situations in which the taxpayer is being represented in cases involving audits and collection matters. It is not applicable to the preparation and filing of a tax return. This privilege does not apply to state tax matters, although a number of states have an accountant-client privilege.

Letter from the IRS?

Get a letter from the IRS or the State? The first step is to fax the letter to us so we can help you out. Fax it to (763) 497-7309. Please include a cover page that is addressed to the associate that you work with – if you are unsure of who you’ve worked with in the past, no worries, we’ll figure that out for you. Please include a phone number and/or an email address so that we can contact you with help.

What about the property tax refund?

The State of Minnesota allows homeowners and renters to receive a refund based off the amount of payment made throughout the year. Like all refunds, it’s based on eligibility – so, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get anything (but, it’s worth a shot).

The refund is calculated after your personal taxes are complete. The deadline for the property tax refund is August 15th. The paperwork is filed separately from your regular taxes.

File on your own or we can do it for you
Some people find the paperwork easy enough to do on their own. You can go to the state website and view the M1PR form. Otherwise, you can send your property tax statement to us and we can do the paperwork for you.

The form to use
The form you need to use (or send to us), needs to be for the current year. This is confusing for most people, since we do personal taxes for the previous year, but the property taxes are based on the current year. The form comes from the county you live in (or you should get a CRP form from your landlord). Generally, it arrives around March. On the form there should be a comment to the effect of: “Use this number on the M1PR for a property tax refund.”

What should I bring?

Please print this document to help you with your organization: What To Bring.pdf

Why ProFiler Consulting?


Most tax practices hire unqualified preparers to save money. At ProFiler Consulting, LLC we are not paid to just prepare a return, we are paid to achieve the greatest benefit. Our lifeblood is returning satisfied clients. We are a closely-held company with a high reputation.

Here’s what the Government Accountability Office (GAO) has to say about large (commercial) preparers such as HR Block or Liberty Tax:

“In GAO visits to commercial preparers, paid preparers often prepared
returns that were incorrect, with tax consequences that were sometimes
significant. Their work resulted in unwarranted extra refunds of up to
almost $2,000 in 5 instances, while in 2 cases they cost the taxpayer over

Click here for full report.


Some testimonials from happy clients:

The Complete Tax Service I have been using ProFiler Consulting for almost 10 years now..Their knowledge and expertise of the tax world is second to none and the family based values and setting of the company make it comfortable and easy for me to ask questions and understand my taxes. My life long tax partner!  -James (google.com)


We have used Profiler Consulting for our taxes for the past 5 years. They are efficient and take time to answer all of our questions. Even though they are outside of the Twin Cities, we are able to mail in our tax information and they do a great job!  -Kimberly R (insiderpages.com)

What’s your privacy policy?

A new law was signed which states that: “Professional income tax practitioners are required to provide a notice of their privacy policies and practices to their customers annually. Tax practitioners are prohibited from disclosing nonpublic personal information about a consumer to nonaffiliated third parties unless the practitioner satisfies various disclosure and opt-out requirements and the consumer has not elected to opt out of the disclosure.”

To comply with this new law the following has been provided for your notice.

What This Privacy Policy Covers
This policy covers how ProFiler Consulting, LLC treats personal information that ProFiler Consulting, LLC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of ProFiler Consulting, LLC services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, phone number, and financial information that is not otherwise publicly available.

Information Sharing and Disclosure
ProFiler Consulting, LLC does not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as instructed to do so by such customers, or as required by law.

Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to an affiliated financial service professional who we believe reasonably needs to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you.

Changes to this Privacy Policy
ProFiler Consulting, LLC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by, at a minimum, having available an updated policy to view during next year’s appointment.